Saturday, October 30, 2021

Hike #171 Whitecap: Seeing the old dog

 


Good old dog... the hiking machine. 

Man, what a fall day. 

I got home from hiking this afternoon and reviewed the photos I took. The two above caught my eye because Bailey genuinely looks like an old dog. Thing is, he just hammered Whitecap today. The photos above are from the third steep climb on Whitecap's Yellow Trail. About a mile and a half below, Bailey decided to take a dip in what I'll call Whitecap Stream. There must be a name, but darned if I know it. 

We've had the best luck hiking Whitecap this fall.  October 12th's hike on Whitecap was as colorful as I've seen on this mountain. Today, the colors were subdued... in my review of the hike on AllTrails, I wrote the following: "Rusty silent views. Up Yellow and immediately down Orange on the 4.4 mile loop. Be aware of leaves on the bottom third of both trails—they’re slippery and hide stones, divots, and roots. You should have been on the trail today. HYOH."

The Mahoosuc Range



Old Speck

Treat? 

Sunday River then the White Mountains

Blueberry bushes are beginning to fade
from their bright red, mid-autumn luster


Space craft landing

Leave no trace





Note the trail of cairns. 


The White Mountains in the way back







No comments:

Post a Comment