Saturday, June 1, 2019

Visiting Bread Loaf

Dixie and Mr. Britton, 1991.
I'm in the back row with a white tennis shirt. 

I attended graduate school at Bread Loaf in the early 1990s as a high school English teacher. I took a class with Dixie Goswami and James Britton. At 81 years old, this was to be Mr. Britton's last class. He headed home to England and died two years later.

On a fun note... Bailey was pooped from our climbing of the Snowbowl, so when we got out ofd the van and headed on a walking tour, he wanted nothing to do with it. He stopped dead in his tracks. I went back to The Rig and grabbed a handful of treats to entice him for a short tour.

We met a Middlebury College worker whose brother had just died. She looked at me and said, "I need some dog therapy." Bailey rolled right over and accepted belly rubs and conversation from a woman about my age who had a Golden rescue at home.




The Barn
Writing and chatting chairs
One of many dorms.
Dorm
The Inn

No comments:

Post a Comment