Sunday, June 9, 2019

Hiking Pinnacle :-) #8




OK, so it takes 6 minutes to summit the Pinnacle ski slopes in Pittsfield, but never mind. What's cool is that this little ski area has welcomed Pittsfield-area families for decades and has introduced hundreds (thousands?) of people to the sport of skiing. After coming down, I noticed scores of old skis lined up out doors next to the lodge. I'm not sure if this collection is a loaner bin or simply for aesthetics; I hope people don't actually use these outdated skis. I can't imagine the bindings are safe. In front of there tiny lodge, I stepped on a little ground hog and it grunted like a pig as it ran away. Poor thing. Not so funny is that I twisted my back as I danced away from the foot-balled sized fur ball and tweaked my back. Yes, I survived. Yes, I like whining at times.

Lower rope tow base


OK, so it was 10 minutes up AND down... 

A good man remembered

Rentals? 

Lunch lot. I heard from my friend Emily Davis that she,  Brien, and friends
have launched their canoes at this boat launch to celebrate Mothers Day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment