Sunday, June 9, 2019

"Hiking" Bar Harbor on an Early Sunday Morning (42/60)

The view in Trenton from The Trevetts

My sister and her family lived in Bar Harbor for many years. As a result, two of her kids have a full-time home and a summer home nearby. Plus, one grandson lives in Bar Harbor and works for the Bar Harbor Municipal Garage. We parked The Rig on the street... Yay! The van fit perfectly in a parking spot and then we hoofed around for an hour getting in 3 miles. Bar Harbor is stunning and Jen and Denny's spot in Trenton is pristine. Even though I'm a fan of the quiet, empty woods, I'll never pass up a chance to visit the Bar Harbor.

Water break
On the way home, we traveled to Belfast. While in a parking space on a side street, I pulled out the map to look for neat paces to explore. And there it was: Hope, Maine. My former colleague Emily Davis and her husband Brien run Hope Orchards. What-the-heck. Off I went. The roads to Hope are rolling and wooded. On this summery day, a line of bikers balanced on the edge of the road and the gravel soft shoulder. It's the kind of riding I'd avoid--and after leaving Hope, I happened upon an accident scene where an ambulance backed away from a dozen or more bicyclists. Someone had been hit. Emily and Brien gave me a tour of their beautiful orchard, barn, and home. For the past 30 years I don' believe I've ever just dropped by someone's home before. Maybe The Rig has given me confidence. In any event, I'm giving my self "1" toward my 60 for dropping in on friends unannounced.  

Trenton Ocean Dog

Cruise ship

Hiking Bar Harbor, 3 miles in 68 minutes with water breaks 

Fits right in, Mistah. 

A Rig with a view

The Rig and the carriage house

So impressed! 

Front view of The Trevetts' cottage

From view in Trenton, low tide 

From view in Trenton, high tide












No comments:

Post a Comment