Monday, November 15, 2021

Gifts from UMaine

UMaine throw in my reading room

On Saturday, a large box arrived from an Orono address I know all too well. Within, a classic card included greetings from colleagues and friends... and good old US cash!$! Ha! That money will go toward purchasing hiking boots, my main vice this past decade. Every 5-6 months (approximately 500-600 miles) I buy a new pair when the tread wears thin. This money will go toward my March 2022 boots, and if my hiking life remains steady, that pair will last until August. 

Bailey supervising my reading.
Beneath the card, folded neatly, was a classy UMaine throw. I immediately placed the blanket on a chair in my reading room. Each morning I begin my writing day with reading. My helpful partner Bailey Tuckerman sleeps in the next chair, and now I'll glance at the bold-lettered MAINE as a reminder of good friends and passionate colleagues, past and present, and a place I spent nearly half my professional life. 

Go Blue!      




Some of my hiking boots. 

Detail: Hiking Boots of an Obsessive

No comments:

Post a Comment