Monday, November 29, 2021

#193.... Whitecap


The Mahoosucs
Click on Photos to enlarge.

On Sunday, we hiked Whitecap after a light snow on Saturday evening. The upper section of Yellow trail had fairly thick ice and for some odd reason, I did not put on my micro-spikes. I just picked my way up, on, and around the ice to the granite slab. I suppose that's one of the dumbest hiking maneuvers I've accomplished in several years. Today, that decision feels a lot like a guy thing--you know, like not asking for directions. The only line that surfaces this morning comes from Forrest Gump: "Stupid is as stupid does." Indeed. 


Exploring after the second ascent on Yellow

The White Mountains in the far distance

The Mahoosucs with Mt Abram Ski Area on the far left. 


Northwest

Old Spec Mountain on the AT

Treat? 

Bailey's Carin

The Presidential Range

Traversing the Orange

Near the Black-White Trail cutoff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment