Friday, November 12, 2021

#180... Fireplace Trail, Weld

 

November has been gentle thus far and our hike on the 9th in Weld proved surprisingly warm. The  moody skies across western Maine created a unique backdrop for mountain photos. (This past few weeks, I've decided I need to purchase a better iPhone, one with a special camera.) Whenever I hike this trail in Mount Blue State Park above Webb Lake, I wonder about the folks who used this old fire place back in the 1940s or 1950s. Could my mother and my aunt brought us kids up here? How about my grandparents? Looking at the rock walls up near the summit of Center Hill, it's obvious that these wooded areas used to be farm fields. I should go to the historical society building to look at old photos of Center Hill.  













No comments:

Post a Comment