Thursday, January 27, 2022

Not counting but counting...

 

Minus 16 degrees and I forgot to fill 
the pellet stove last night. Burn, oil. Burn!

Azi with ski equipment for practice

No gloves. That just makes me shiver!

In my Facebook post bragging about 213 mountains hiked in 2021, I said I wasn't going to get trapped in the numbers game of counting mountains again. But since my hiking app, AllTrails, keeps track of numbers, it's hard not to pay attention. The numbers are motivational but in December 2021, I fell prey to focusing on getting to #210, so a bit of the fun faded. That's probably just normal. 

That said...

We're at 17 hikes now. Haha. I'm so pathetic. Some have been arctic hikes--cold and windy. One was shoveling my driveway! Half a mile of shoveling back and forth, up and down: 

Trail 728 shoveling! 

Along with 4 hikes of Whitecap and several on Red Hill and Mystery Mountain, we hiked Black Mountain on Monday, January 24--it's closed on Mondays so I feel pretty free to hike. The slopes were firm. I haven't been up Black for about a month. We were all alone on the mountain, and I found the straight up hiking a bit tiring. 


Mount Blue

You can see mill smoke from behind the mountain

Picnic spot on top of the rocks

Mount Blue in Weld


A couple of pictures from a 10-degree climb of Whitecap: 

Bailey's Carin a spot that overlooks the view below. 
I'll put some of Bailey's ashes in that Carin (rock pile)
and I'll sucker one of my nieces or nephews to dump some 
of Uncle Richie there, too. :-) 

That's a good forever view, don't you think? 







Yesterday went to Devil's Den on South Arm road. Maybe the most fun we've had in the past couple of days was 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment