Sunday, April 18, 2021

Whitecap Snow Loop... Hike #62

What was supposed to be a nor'easter with 6-8" of heavy spring snow, fizzled out at the lower levels. Higher up on local mountains 6 to 8 inches did fall making hiking abysmal.  When we got out to Whitecap, we faced rain and snow with secure footing in most places and no other hikers. I didn't want to hike up onto the ledges with Bailey--I'm guessing he would have been fine, but I would have needed microspikes and that wasn't in the cards for this hike. Microspikes on ledge with minimal snow can be slippery.  

I bought 3 new sets of hiking boots and shoes this past month to last through most of 2022. I tried all of them, working to break them in, and that has created a problem with my feet. It's apparent I need to stay with one pair--break them in and let my orthotics adjust to one pair of new shoes. I write this here as a way of keeping track of this injury and to see how long it'll take to recover. I'll know more when I take a walk and perhaps a small hike today. We'll see. Foot issues come with the territory. 


Drenched but happy. 

We are headed back for treats, right? 

No more pictures. But thanks. 

The falls on the lower Connector trail. 


The second bridge on the upper Connector Trail. 



Soaking but moving...


On the Connector





No comments:

Post a Comment