Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Glassface Mountain.... #60

The Androscoggin

Yesterday, Bailey found a huge mound of turkey poop to roll in. I really wanted to punish him, so he hiked the whole Red Hill trail on leash and then he was treated to a bath on the side lawn. Finally, he received  his peanut butter Kong stuffed with treats. As always, I showed him. 

Today, we shot up Glassface for the first time this year. It takes just 25 minutes to summit and about the same to get back down to the trailhead. We walk through a graveyard to hit the trail, and I pass old friends like The Whitings, Elaine and Richard, two of my former custodians from my days at the high school, Mr. Bulger and Doug Hodson, and then the family plot of my colleague from UMaine, Walt Abbott.  I also recognize a slew of other family names from town. 


One of the switchbacks

The Androscoggin

Zircon and the old Madison Inn

The Androscoggin

Sunday River's With Heat still snowed



It's as if you'll run into trolls. 

Old guy with Dog




"I will get a treat, right?"









 

2 comments:

  1. Nice! This is on my short list of hikes I never did growing up in Rumford (or on trips buck thus far). Now I'm even more motivated for this summer... Thanks Coach, from an old fan of the Stinkers. RHS '82

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm trying to guess who you are, but after 45 years of teaching and coach... :-)

    ReplyDelete