Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Shitty hike............... #30

 

I rarely have bad hikes. Even if it's hot & humid or bitter cold, I love the trail. Yesterday, not so much. Even Bailey seemed off except for running into 4 other other hikers who enjoyed his trail-side greeting. Here's what I wrote on my AllTrails report: 

Whiner report: Firm trail with 2-3" of wet snow that clings to both microspikes and snowshoes. Center trail is firm, but outside of that you're in post-hole city. The tread on my hiking boots is worn down, so I slipped around on the steeps--hiking poles would have helped... add in a cracked toenail and well... slog up, slip down. In any event, nice to be out. HYO... &#!%$* .... H. (Sorry about this whiny report.)




After the hike... "Do I still get a treat?"

On the second switchback 
(When a trail zig-zags back-and-forth up a very steep section of terrain.) 

Second stream crossing where I abandoned the hike. 


 

1 comment: