Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Whitecap again... Hike #9

Looking out at Sunday River and the Presidential Range

I don't get bored hiking Whitecap over and over again. I like the workout. I've spent enough time in gyms on different machines to get into a focused mindset. It's not like I really need to lose myself in the hike, though. I love the trail... the views and lighting and physical demands all make me happy. While hiking, I rarely think about Trump or retirement issues or money or idiots. I do think about dying on the trail--I chuckle when I picture Bailey tearing at my pocket trying to get at the treats I have stored for him. Imagine walking up on my lifeless body with my dog tearing at my corpse. It always makes me laugh. Talk about food motivation.  I also think about Bailey dropping dead a few miles up on a mountain. What a pain that would be trying to get him back down. Ah well. Could there be a better place to go? Beats the heck out of an ICU bed with a Dollar Store balloon floating above my head.     












No comments:

Post a Comment