Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Bailey

Bailey on Whitecap

                                                      

Bailey makes me laugh. I get a kick out of his waddling butt and his early-morning howls in anticipation of breakfast. Some nights, he leaps up onto my bed and hogs 3/4 of the space. Later on, I'll wake up to see that he's lying on his back, feet and legs sticking into the air... I can't help but laugh even at three in the morning. In the evening after a tough hike, he'll retreat to "his" bedroom and go to sleep around 8:30pm. He's like an old man... But then, most mornings when I'm trying to read and many evenings when I'm comatose on the couch in front of the evening news, he'll yank out one of his toys (like below with Andy the Anteater) and sit in front of me play-growling with a muted bark. Drives me nuts. Some times I chase him; some times I just stand up and eye him. When I have exchange students, I turn toward them and point at Bailey, saying, "This is why you're here." They laugh, get up, and chase him throughout the rooms of the first floor. That's Bailey. 


Bailey & Andy the Anteater


After the Whitecap hike

Late evening when he's had quite enough.

Treat? 

Watching me take down the garbage. 

Still watching... 

Even more...

"What? You didn't want me to help, right?" 

Co-pilot in The Rig.  

Bailey: I'll do anything for a treat. 

On the summit of Whitecap--
well below zero with the wind. 




No comments:

Post a Comment