Tuesday, December 15, 2020

#200 Glassface

View from summit of Glassface, Rumford, Center, Maine
Click on Photos to Enlarge. 

Although I'll be hiking more during the last couple of weeks of the year, it's fun to hit #200. We've hit a wide variety of mountains and trails since January 2020. My hikes have been recorded on the AllTrails app. Our first "hike" of 2020 was actually a 4-mile ski along the Androscoggin River on January 2. I know, I know, it wasn't a hike. It's not like I'm going for a real record. On January 3rd, we did Whitecap. 




Glassface is always fun because of the views of the river and because it's quick. Today, we endured 10-degree temps with a wind. I used micro spikes and took a slew of pictures.



Named after my friend, and former assistant ski coach, Ann Hastings Morton. Ann died of cancer after a lengthy battle several years back. Her family dedicated the  parking and canoe launch lot in her memory. I coached her son and her husband, Dave, also worked with me as my assistant ski coach.  






















 

No comments:

Post a Comment