Saturday, November 7, 2020

Hopeful

 



Neither Joe Biden nor Kamala Harris were my first, second, or even third choices to lead the Democratic Party or the country. But after watching their campaign over the past months as well as their dignity, respect, and thoughtfulness... they are my first choice now. Biden has the kind of experience and regard for the government that will, I hope, lead us forward. He knows and respects the institutions like the Senate, House, and presidency. He believes in democracy and America. I don't mean to sound like a Pollyanna; I'm not naive enough to think the country can quickly resolve its deep divides. But, I'm hopeful. As for Vice President-elect Kamala Harris... we elected a woman and a person of color as second-in-line to the president. That ain't half bad--and, it's about time.        

No comments:

Post a Comment