Sunday, August 8, 2021

Road Tripping: The Hub & Hipcamp

 

The Hub


On our way north on 87, I slipped off an exit looking for a camping spot. I grabbed a sandwich in this neat bike, hike, and kayak store. Their parking lot was large and gravel, and I asked the bartender if folks were allowed to park overnight in the lot. She introduced me to Hipcamp and I discovered for $20 I could park in their lot. Golden. By 8pm, the little town was dead quiet--except for a mouse rummaging in what I thought were my van walls. The next morning I saw mouse poop and realized he'd been in my kitchen drawers and the garbage. The loud noise I'd heard the night before was Rigby, the mouse, chewing through a styrofoam sandwich box. Sounded like the little guy was tearing out the wires in my van. The Rig's mouse, Rigby, is now smelling "Mouse Balls," powerful peppermint plastic balls set in each drawer. Hopefully, that'll persuade him to move homes. If not, I'll be committing murder... Snap.     

We could have hiked the little mountain right there at The Hub. Next time--views below. 



Just above The Hub. We really should have hiked. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment