Monday, March 8, 2021

Hiking around Weld and Center Hill

Byron Notch
Click on photos to enlarge. 

 We can almost smell spring here in Maine. On Sunday, we slipped over the Weld to check on the camp. I followed foot tracks over to Burt's Point and, naturally enough, I heard Uncle Fred had been over earlier to check on the place prior to heading south with Pam. 

Center Hill was in prime shape for snowmobiling, sliding, and hiking. I ran into about a dozen people enjoying the blue skies and moderate temperatures (about 32 degrees F). And yes, there are too many pictures of Bryon Notch... I was trying different settings on my iPhone. Look at these on a computer or laptop; then, you'll get the full effect.  









Sliding hill just beneath Center Hill parking. 

This may be the back side of Saddleback Mountain (right) 
and the Horn (Left). Not 100% sure. Now, because of the 
cone shaped mountain on the right, I think it's Sugarloaf. 
I'm useless. 

Byron Notch

Byron Notch

Byron Notch




Mt Blue


Byron Notch 

Wild dog on Center Hill Summit... 

Wild dog on Center Hill Summit... 

Wild dog rolling on Center Hill Summit... 

Saddleback and the Horn?

Gee, Byron Notch? 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment