Thursday, May 14, 2020

Happy 10th Birthday, Bailey Tuckerman!


On selection day, June 2010.
It's hard to believe that Bailey is 10 today. It seems like last week that I trucked up to the base of Sunday River with my friends, Kate and Gayle, to choose this little guy. From the second I saw the 3 little pups tripping around in the grass, I fell in love. And I especially loved Bailey's mom, Maggie. What a mellow, loving dog she was.

Yesterday, we hiked Whitecap Mountain in a steady wind. Near the western summit I broke into an intermittent jog. Today, I'm paying for it. I thought Bailey would be a bit stiff today, too--but, he's not showing any signs of the hike. So, I think we'll take Black Mountain today because it has Bailey's favorite feature... snow. 

Since May 2019, Bailey and I have taken 194 hikes. Many of them have been short 60- to 90-minute hikes. But quite a few have been longer like Burke Mountain (VT),  Saddleback (ME), and the Black/White Trail in town.

What's next? Well, we'll see how our legs and bodies hold out. I can't think of a better way to spend a life than hiking with a good dog.



Saddleback
Road trip in May 2020 around Rangeley and Weld

Saddleback


  

No comments:

Post a Comment