Tuesday, March 22, 2022

A week later...

 

After a week with the flu that turned into a cold and hangs on as a cough, we knocked off Whitecap twice. As I wrote on my report, "Yellow trail is ice, crust, soft snow, and dirt. We headed up over the first two steep sections to the second ledge to take pictures wearing microspikes The ice is mostly gone on the ledges, though we did not go to the third ledge that traverses the mountain to the Orange Trail. On the way down we stayed to the snowmobile trail from the saddle on down. The streams are running are and I'm guessing the snow will be gone from the trails in the next 7-10 days (emphasis: guessing)."



Love the layered look of these mountains in the Mahoosucs

Love those cairns

Mt Abram


Must be treat time. 

Overflow of water and melting snow in sunshine. 

Leading the way up Yellow to the ledge


1500 feet elevation about 3.4 miles roundtrip. 








  

2 comments:

  1. I decided to take a look and see what you and Bailey have been up to. It looks like you fit in a lot of gorgeous hikes this year! The pictures are wonderful! I'm glad you are doing well and enjoying the season. I feel like this March is holding on for dear life, but that makes it all the more beautiful. Continue enjoying everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Raymond, I missed your note from last week. I'll write you an email. I hope your studies go well!

    ReplyDelete