Thursday, December 2, 2021

Turkey Poop & November's Record... Hike #196

Most hikes in am month:
23 

Half way up, Red Hill proved slippery. Interesting how the rain-snow line appeared. Not-so funny how Bailey found liquid turkey poop to roll in on this frigid day. He hid the poop beneath his blaze orange hunting vest. I discovered the slimy stuff when I removed the vest and put him in the car. Jesum crowbars, Bailey.  

We took 23 hikes in November. That's our all-time record for a month. I have no idea how an AT hiker goes day in and day out on the trail... or think of those Stanford boys who hiked nearly 8,000 miles over a 10-month period. Holy flying cows, I'd go bonkers. These days, I'm just running out on an afternoon for a few hours of hiking. Those two guys hiked 20-30 miles a day.  

Fourteen more hikes for us this month, and we'll have broken last year's 209 hikes. 



Whitecap Ledges--always a fun picture

"I rolled in poop and you don't know it." 

Bath time for the poop roller


Not a difficult hike by any stretch
except the ice half way up proved tricky. 

With poop & ice, I'm not sure why I gave
this hike 5 stars. Ah well--at least I was out. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment