Sunday, July 5, 2020

Lollapalooza on Sunday River plus Whitecap and Washington


Remembering Whitecap from last winter. 


Bailey took last Thursday off to hang with Sharon while I headed up Whitecap on a steamy day. I did the up and down in 1:54 which is fast for me. Just a warning, deer flies are in full force right now. Like ticks, I just don't see the purpose of deer flies on our planet... I suppose they're a favorite food of some bird. Obviously, there aren't enough of those birds.  


View from Lollapalooza 

On 4th of July eve, we headed over to Sunday River to hike Lollapalooza in Jordan bowl. Fortunately, we had a bit of shade and a breeze though the warm air slowed me down. 



"You wanna hike?"


The last pitch on Lollapalooza. 



Dead Trees on Lollapalooza

Sliver of Sunshine on Sunday River

"If I've got to pose, how about a treat?"
 

Trail down. 


Took a road trip to Mt Washington--Tuckerman's Ravine. 

Mount Washington from Wildcat




 

No comments:

Post a Comment