Saturday, September 7, 2019

Fast forward 54 years: Lunch with Aidan

In 1965, when I was 11 years old, I recall bringing my brother Fred to the University of Maine for his first year at college. His dormitory, Corbett Hall, is now the Human Resources building. In 2003, I spent my first day at UMaine in Corbett figuring out all the nitty-gritty of employment at UMaine; I may have even remembered Fred's room number. Today, I'm thinking it was 112, but 16 years ago, I'm not sure what I thought. Maybe I had quizzed Fred and looked it up when I arrived in Corbett. Talk about history hitting you square in the face. Fast forward 54 years....

FIFTY FOUR YEARS... and I'm having lunch in the student union with Pam and Fred's grandson, Aidan Michaud. Just how cool is that?

End for the first week of classes: Aidan, stir fry, and a Black Bear t-shirt
09/07/19 Click photo to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment