Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Colorado Rockies Road Trip

I continue to have photo issues with the Blog. To see my photos from this road trip, click on this link:  Colorado Rockies Road Trip

"Over the past 40 years, I’ve had a growing list of life goals like traveling the country in The Rig and adopting Bailey. A more recent goal was to explore Colorado and the Rockies. I wanted to hike big mountains and enjoy those iconic views. This September I traveled 6000+ miles through 10 states and 3 provinces and hiked a dozen mountains and lots of trails. As always, I slept in Walmart parking lots, state parks, National Forest Lands, a trucker's parking lot, a side street, along the Colorado River, and in a friend's driveway. Mostly, I hike ski areas. Why? I love ski areas’ stories and know the work involved. Plus, as a solo hiker, I feel safer on mountains where people work full time. Sorry there are so many pictures here. HYOH."




No comments:

Post a Comment