Monday, January 22, 2024

Coffee with Bill and his Girls

Friends from the fields and slopes 

Bill and I coached for 21 years at Rumford HS and
Mountain Valley HS. I also brought my high school English 
students to his 5th grade class to do some writing and tutoring
with his kids. Bill, his wife Mary, and daughter Terry took 
several Maine Teams of girls to England with me as well. 
We've had a long-time friendship. He's a true gentleman. 

Bill and his two girls, Terry and Mary Ellen, visited this morning after a mass that celebrated Bill's late wife Mary. We had coffee, pastry, and loads of fun conversation for a couple of hours. I asked  

I posted the photograph above and the caption below welcoming Bill's former students and athletes to say hello to their 92-year-old former mentor. Six hours later, 80 student-athletes and friends "liked" the photo and many wrote comments. (Bill, if you're reading this, I'll follow-up with any more comments tomorrow.)

Here's the Facebook post that has prompted now 84 people to respond: 


By 7pm this evening, here are many of the comments and the people who gave a shout out to our Mr. Morgan: 





















No comments:

Post a Comment