Thursday, August 17, 2023

Mystery... Center Hill... and Home Prices ;-)

Mystery Mountain ledge
Click on pictures to enlarge

 After a quick trip to camp to do this-n-that, Bailey and I headed up to Mystery for a quick hike. These days, he's refused a few afternoon walks. I'm not sure if it's the humidity or sore legs or just hoping for treats. It's a bit frightening, but at the same time, he's his own dog. Mystery Mountain is such a fun, quick hike. Mystery-Plus adds an extra 2+- miles. Our Monday hike was on the abbreviated trail. 

A friend sent me a headline article from the Bangor Daily News business section about housing prices in Rumford. I'm just not surprised as more and more outdoorsy folks are eyeing life in the mountains of western Maine. Some are second homes--others provide a home base for work from home opportunities followed by skiing and hiking, canoeing or kayaking. 

And on Tuesday, I did a quick hike and coffee chat with my long-time friend, Mary Hart. Mary and I met in the early 1980s in Weld where her family has a lakeside cabin and we shared a common friend, JoAnne Zywna. We also shared my home in Rumford for several years. In two hours walking the trails of Center Hill and enjoying coffee on her porch, we talked all things life. 


From Mystery Mountain looking west


Mystery Mountain ledge




Bangor Daily News article

Byron Notch from Center Hill, Weld

Tumbledown and Big Jackson from Center Hill, Weld


No comments:

Post a Comment