Friday, August 25, 2023

Benches

 


In the final plaque, "GO, FALCONS!" will be in
large font. 


I spent 25 years in our local high school now known as Mountain Valley HS. I ran the hallways as a student in the class of 1972, then sauntered the corridors as a teacher, coach, substitute teacher, and writing center director. Over the past twenty years, I spent a lot of my university time writing grants and raising money for various experiences, functions, or awards. I decided to take that skill and apply it to our town's high school. 

Thanks to donations from Rumford High School Class of 1972 and 1973 as well as Mexico High School Class of 1972, we purchased two 8', Arched Back Steel Benches with bronze plaques. The benches will be placed in a new entryway outside the school. 

There's a lot of joy to be had in giving back. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment