Saturday, August 30, 2014

Coming up for air….

Tubing on Lake Webb with my nephews at the controls. 
Hosting international students sure does force me out of my element. Rasmus and Felix have been here for 2 weeks and a day. They're exhausted; I'm pooped; Bailey's up for more activity. Up at 5:30 a.m. this morning, I took the boys to the bus for a soccer tournament in Lisbon. They were dragging. "We leave in 16 minutes!" No sign of either of them. "Twelve minutes!" We made the bus but not without some anxiety-ridden moments.

I received an email yesterday from the boys' organization, Youth for Understanding. They're still trying to place 49 kids. Wow… I can't imagine how those kids feel sitting at home without an American family.

As usual, I'm keeping a blog of the boys' experiences for their families and friends. Scroll through their website/blog to get a sense of what we've been up to the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment