Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Sam's Journals, an article


"Writing for me is a way to process what is buzzing around in my head. When I put my thoughts on paper, I begin to see things more clearly." --Sam Morse

Over the past couple of years, I've interviewed Sam Morse, a ski racer from Carrabassett Valley Academy. CVA is an elite ski racing school up near Sugarloaf/USA. They have produced a slew of Olympic skiers and snowboarders.

For the past 9 years, Sam has been a devoted journal writer and notebook keeper.  When it comes to his ski racing, Sam keeps lots and lots of notes. And as he says, "Writing never fails, whatever amount of effort I put into my writing, I get back!"

I wrote an article for Independent Teacher Magazine that features Sam while introducing the concept of athletic team notebooks and journals. That article can be found here. Just last week, Sam became a member of the US Ski Team at 18 years old!  Believe me, this kid paid his dues.

Silver Medal at World Championships
Start House at World Championships
Reviewing his 9 years of journals and notebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment