Sunday, September 15, 2013

Breaking News: Dog Loves Bone... a gift from our friends, Peggy & Jimmy Hegedus

Bigger than a Buick!
Remember: Click on pictures to enlarge.

Now they qualify as "Aunt" Peggy and "Uncle" Jimmy, parents of Jim Hegedus, my former UMaine student and advisee... who also happened to be one extraordinary runner... and a person we lost way too soon.
Jim Hegedus in class at UMaine, 2004

As they have in the past, Peggy and Jimmy sent me one of Jim's Memorial 5K t-shirts. Added to the package was a huge bone for Bailey. Here's a dog that eats sticks, but he looked at this mega bone and wondered, "What am I supposed to do with this?"

Do I eat something this big? 
We'd just finished a local hike, and we were both hungry. Consequently, it didn't take Bailey long to figure out that this mega bone was a absolutely delectable. Thanks to Peggy and Jimmy for their kindnesses. I love the t-shirt for its style and flare... and because it reminds me a fabulous student and runner.
Edible? 
 
Oh baby. 










Delicious! 













No comments:

Post a Comment