Saturday, April 29, 2023

The past 48 months=768 mountain hikes


This morning, I fed Bailey some arthritis medicine and just after lunch we headed for a short, somewhat steep hike on Bald Mountain. We met up with a number of friendly dogs and friendly people while tiptoeing up and down over slippery, leftover winter leaves.

Back in April of 2019, I downloaded a hiking app known as AllTrails. Since that time, I've kept track of most every hike I've been on. I remember forgetting my phone once or twice; I also recall leaving the app on as I drove down the street! On the AllTrails app, I looked like a speedster. Pretty funny. The bottom line, however, is since I got the app, we've hiked 768 mountains in the past 48 months and one week for a total distance of 2300 miles on hiking trails and approximately 1000 miles on neighborhood walks, totaling 3300 miles in the past 4 years. 

Now, we were not cranking out as many hikes in Bailey's first two years of life. He'd go running with me on mountain trails. I do have them listed in my calendar but haven't counted them up yet. But let's just guess that starting when he was 1.5 to 2 years old, we did 40 mountains each year for 2 years and then started upping the mountain count. A wild guess has us at 2000 total hikes and 3340 miles of neighborhood walks in his almost 13 years. I need to do better research and open up my computer calendar. Nevertheless, we done some walking! Yay! \o/


Trucking along

Shagg Pond

Old Dog, Shagg Pond


Speckled Mountain

Treat? 


Old Guy


Bald on the left, Speckled on the right


No comments:

Post a Comment