Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Right Sizing... (26/60)

For a number of years I've had a Smart Phone that has all the bells, apps, & whistles--most of which I did not use. Sixteen months ago I promised myself to dump the $75 per month phone for a TracPhone that delivers phone, text, and if necessary Web services. The cost? Maybe $120-150 per year. Finally, this fall, I went to the US Cell office and asked the young sales clerk to analyze my Smart Phone usage. The guy looked at the computer screen. Then at me. Back to screen.

"Says you wrote 8 texts last month."

"That many?"

"Looks like you use 1% of the data allowable per month."

"I only check the radar weather and sometimes download photos to Facebook when I'm on a hike."

"You don't need this phone," said the sales rep named Jason.

"I didn't think so."

And so, for the 26/60, I'm saving $750 by not having something I do not use.

What's next?

TracPhone (l) .... Not-so Smart Phone (r)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment