Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Fame is fleeting

For no apparent reason, my book's website, WritingAthletes.com, went wild with hits the other day. That made me feel pretty good, but it also made me curious. What caused this onslaught of interest?

I started searching the Internet to find places the website had been cited. I found one place, a coach's website, and I shot her an email just to say Hi. Come to find out she used my team notebook protocols with her college team. She wrote, "The concept of team notebooks has improved our program in ways I could not have imagined!" We went on to trade ideas, and I even invited her to add a quotation to an article I've been writing.

I never found out how the website went mini-viral, but I did meet an interesting and thoughtful coach from Nebraska.

Stats page of hits from WritingAthletes.com... Remember, click to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment